1/1 Photo of Spiced Apple Loaf
1 hr 30 mins
Janet #6's Note:
A deliciously moist cake, it is full of flavour and I challenge anyone not to love this recipe. It is best eaten the day after it is cooked so plan ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to gas 4 or 180.
- 2Line a 2lb loaf tin with greasproof paper.
- 3Peel and core the apples, cut into chunks, place in a pan and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer until the apples are just starting to soften. Drain and add a little sugar to taste (I prefer the apples to be quite tart). Leave to one side to cool.
- 4Put all dry ingredients into a large bowl together and mix roughly.
- 5Next add all wet ingredients at same time, mix until all of the flour mixture is taken up.
- 6Pour into the loaf tin and cook for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours until browned.
- 7When the cake is cooked, LEAVE IT IN THE TIN until cool, then wrap in foil.
- 8This cake is best left until the next day to eat (if you can wait that long!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Apple Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 193.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g