Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cooking time varies with each batch as pectin level varies in the apples. Love this spiced apple jelly on homemade toast....=)
- 2 1⁄2 quarts green apples, cores and peelings (* Make sure the apples are untreated and do not have a waxy coating on them. **Or quarter whole appl)
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Cook apple peelings/cores and spices in water barely to cover for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Strain through jelly bag or cheesecloth.
- There should be from 2 1/2 to 3 cups juice.
- Add sugar and cook until juice sheets from spoon.
- Skim away froth 3-4 times during cooking.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, and seal.
- Makes about four 1/2 pint jars.
I hate making jelly, it never sets for me but I made this and it made really yummy syrup.