Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cooking time varies with each batch as pectin level varies in the apples. Love this spiced apple jelly on homemade toast....=)
- Cook apple peelings/cores and spices in water barely to cover for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Strain through jelly bag or cheesecloth.
- There should be from 2 1/2 to 3 cups juice.
- Add sugar and cook until juice sheets from spoon.
- Skim away froth 3-4 times during cooking.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, and seal.
- Makes about four 1/2 pint jars.
I hate making jelly, it never sets for me but I made this and it made really yummy syrup.