Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I decided to alter the recipe for apple jam. I tried this and I loved it. It tastes like apple pie but in a jam version.
- 5 cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 7 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box fruit pectin
- Place washed jars and lids upside down in boiling water.
- Let stand in hot water until ready to use.
- Measure exact amount of juice and spices into a 6-8qt saucepan.
- Stir pectin into fruit.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add exact amount of sugar.
- Return to a full boil and boil 1 full minute.
- Ladle quickly into jars leaving 1/8" at the top.
- Place lid on jar and allow to sit and cool while lid seals.
- Jams may be stored for unto 5yrs in cupboard.