Recipe by Mirj
This makes a wonderful gift basket, just add a bottle of dry red wine or apple cider, a couple of mugs, coasters, an orange or lemon, and a bunch of cinnamon sticks tied together. Don't forget to keep some for yourself. This recipe is delicious and fills the home with wonderful scents! Thanks to FabulousFoods.com
Top Review by Elizabeth Williams
Mirjam-Thank you for a wonderful recipe and gift idea! I am making up baskets similar to what you descibed for neighbors, babysitters and as teacher presents. My kids also make cinnamon dough ornaments that we will include with the baskets--following the apple/cinnamon spice theme. Also, we will line the baskets with an old-fashioned apple print fabric. Thanks again!!
Apple Cider Spice Mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For Spiced Apple Cider
- 8 ounces apple cider or 8 ounces dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons hot spiced cider mix
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange rind twists or 1 lemon twist
Directions See How It's Made
- For Spice Mix------------.
- Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container.
- To Make Spiced Apple Cider or Wine----------.
- Heat wine or cider until hot but not boiling.
- Steep the Apple Cider Spice Mix in the liquid until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into serving mug and garnish with cinnamon stick and twist of peel.