Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for gift giving.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Store in a jar or airtight container such as a zip-type bag for giving.
- Attach the following to the gift tag: Spiced Apple Cake: Serves 8 to 10.
- Contents of Spice Apple Cake Mix container 1 1/2 cups oil 3 large eggs, beaten 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 3 cups chopped apples, cored and peeled Juice of 1/2 of a fresh lemon Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a tube or Bundt pan with Baker's Joy.
- Toss apples with juice of 1/2 lemon to prevent darkening.
- Place spiced apple cake mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl.
- Beat well with a wire whisk.
- Make a well in the center of the mix; add the oil and eggs.
- Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the apples until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool; remove from the cake pan.