Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is from "Spice and Spirit" cookbook. It's nice for a day you have time to let something cook for several hours.
- 1 beef brisket, 4 to 4 1/2 lbs
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1⁄2 cup chablis or 1⁄2 cup other dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place brisket, onion, cloves, and garlic in a large Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 1/2 hours. Remove the brisket from the Dutch oven. Place the brisket in a roasting pan.
- Combine the apple butter and the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush 1/2 cup apple butter mixture over the brisket. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, basting occasionally with the remaining apple butter mixture.