Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Make and share this Spiced Apple Butter Bars With Apple Butter-Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the middle of oven.
- Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, add cake mix, egg, oil, and 1/2 cup of the apple butter; blend 1-2 minutes with an electric mixer set on low speed until well blended.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup apple butter, and cinnamon with mixer set on medium speed.
- Beat in powdered sugar until frosting is fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cooled bars; cut into bars.