Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe is from the Spice Islands website.
Make and share this Spiced Angel Cake With Pecan Pie Icing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons spice islands pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons karo dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon spice islands 100% pure bourbon vanilla extract
- Prepare angel food cake according to package instructions. Fold in pumpkin pie spice and maple flavoring after batter is completely mixed.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, using a spatula to eliminate any large air bubbles. Bake on lowest oven rack according to package instructions. Cool inverted for at least one hour. Remove from pan and drizzle with Pecan Pie Icing.
- Heat butter and pecans in a medium saucepan. Heat until butter is browned and pecans are lightly toasted. Remove from heat and immediately add corn syrup. Stir well and add milk, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Drizzle over cake. If frosting is too thick, add a small amount of additional milk.