Recipe by Rita~
Nice spicy and smoky salted almonds.
Top Review by diner524
OMG!!! I now have another addiction, these fabulous nuts!!!! I bought a bag of almonds, with skins, and used them for this and another recipe. Both are delicious, but these won out my tastes buds for the smokey & salty flavors. I did make mine different also, as I didn't have the blanched almonds, so I put the olive oil in a pan at medium heat and then added the almonds for a few minutes. I then tossed them in a bowl with the salt and paprika and then onto a paper plate lined with a paper towel. This will be made often at my house and is going into my "Best of 2012". Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (Spanish smoked sweet or hot)
- 1 lb almonds, blanched
- 1 -3 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grind salt and paprika in a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder till fine.
- Place almonds on cookie sheet and toast for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour into a glass bowl and toss in 1 tablespoon oil to coat using more if needed.
- Add seasonings stirring to coat.
- Serve at room temperature.