- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole almonds, blanched
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan, warm oil over med-hi heat.
- Add almonds& stir with wooden spoon coating throughly.
- Sprinkle with 1/2°C sugar and stir until almonds become golden brown and sugar caramelizes, about 4 minute Remove from heat and pour into medium bowl.
- Sprinkle all remaining ingredients over almonds and toss well.
- Pour almonds out in single layer on baking sheet and separate with wooden spoon.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Can be stored up to two weeks in airtight container.