Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another good mix to serve at parties.
- 1 egg white
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb whole almond, with skins
- Beat egg white in small bowl until frothy.
- Add sugar, garlic salt,pepper sauce, ground cumin, chili powder, and almonds.
- Stir to coat almonds evenly and place almonds in single layer in greased, shallow baking pan.
- Bake in 275F oven 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 weeks.
I made these for a pairing at a beer, wine, and bourbon tasting for a formal event. They got rave reviews. People were a little intimidated when I told them the ingredients, but once they tried them they came back for more. I was a worried they were going to be too spicy, as in hot, because I used a habanero hot sauce, but they were flavorful, not spicy hot. I'll be making more of these to give as gifts for the holidays.
These are very good. Everyone liked them. They make such a nice gift (in a little gift bag) for Christmas. A little more healthy than cookies. They'll last a lot longer, too! Thanks for posting!
This recipe is easy and tastes great. I really like the spicy - sweet combination of the almonds. My husband loved them!!!