Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Original recipe from Epicurious.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, the allspice, cardamom, cinnamon and salt with a mixer.
- Then beat in flour.
- Next stir in the almonds.
- Roll the dough with your hands into tablespoon-sized balls.
- On a large baking sheet, place the balls apart.
- Bake the cookies until pale golden, about 20-25 minutes. (Just a little brown on the bottom.).
- Remove and cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the remaining 1 cup of sugar, working in small batches, gently coat the still hot cookies in sugar.
- Place the coated cookies on a wire rack to cool.
- Before serving, roll the cookies in sugar again, then serve.