Top Review by HopeK
I baked 1 squash at 350 F. for 45 mins. Probably could have cooked 1 hr but had to serve dinner. My MIL suggested cooking the squash halves upside-down (so they get evenly cooked) and adding the ingredients after the first 30 mins. We loved the flavors!
- 4 large acorn squash
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut each squash in half.
- With a spoon, scrape out the seeds and fibers.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and butter.
- Spoon the spice mixture into each squash half and add 1 tablespoon orange juice to each.
- Place squash on double thickness of foil and place on smoker grid. Smoke for 2 to 3 hours.
- Or bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, depending on size of squash.