1/3 Photos of Spice Up Your Life Stir Fry
This is a colorful stir-fry. The vegetables are cooked in a marvelously aromatic sauce, which combines peanuts, pine nuts, chili, coconut, coriander, and turmeric.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 -4 shallots, thinly sliced (or scallions)
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into fine strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into fine strips
- 1/2 cup sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1 cup oyster mushroom (or mushrooms of your choice)
- 9 ounces canned chestnuts, drained
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- lime slice, to garnish
- 1To make the nut sauce, grind the peanuts and pine nuts in a blender or chop very finely.
- 2Put into a small pan with the hot chili sauce, coconut milk, soy sauce, ground coriander, ground turmeric, cumin, and dark brown sugar.
- 3Set over low heat and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Set aside and keep warm until required.
- 5Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large, heavy-bottomed skillet.
- 6Add the shallots, garlic, and chiles and stir-fry over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the carrot, bell peppers, zucchini,and sugar-snap peas to the pan and stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- 8Add the mushrooms, chestnuts, ginger, lime rind and juice, and fresh cilantro and stir-fry briskly for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked, yet crisp.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Divide the stir-fry among 4 warmed serving plates and garnish with slices of lime.
- 11Transfer the nut sauce to a serving bowl and serve immediately with the vegetables.
Browse Our Top Spicy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spicy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spice Up Your Life Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.0
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 597.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: