Recipe by cuisinebymae
Very moist. Very easy. Very tasty!
Top Review by GailS2
Thank you, Mae West for a really excellent recipe! I made this cake for a family get together and it was a hit. Besides looking so appetizing (I used a maple flavored butter cream icing), it couldn't be easier to make. Followed the recipe to a T and it was perfect. Thanks again!
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Set aside.
- Combine pudding mix, cake mix, eggs, water, and oil.
- Put 1/3 of batter in a greased and floured tube pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of sugar mixture.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Bake at 350F.
- for 45-55 minutes, or until tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on a rack.