Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very yummy recipe!
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 -6 ounces fresh blackberries, divided (rinsed)
- 5 -6 ounces fresh raspberries, divided (rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Combine beef broth and sugar in small saucepan; bring to a boil on medium-high to dissolve sugar. When boiling, stir in half of each of the blackberries and raspberries.
- Meanwhile, preheat large saute pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Combine flour, five spice powder, and 1/2 tsp of the salt in large zip-lock bag; shake to combine. Place pork chops in bag and shake to coat.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Remove chops from bag and shake off excess flour, add pork to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until temperature reaches 160°F, or till done.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth; stir into berry sauce along with the pepper and garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to boil and cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally or until berries are softened and begin to release their juices.
- Stir remaining blackberries and raspberries into sauce and serve over pork chops.