Spice-Seared Pork With Berry Sauce
- Combine beef broth and sugar in small saucepan; bring to a boil on medium-high to dissolve sugar. When boiling, stir in half of each of the blackberries and raspberries.
- Meanwhile, preheat large saute pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Combine flour, five spice powder, and 1/2 tsp of the salt in large zip-lock bag; shake to combine. Place pork chops in bag and shake to coat.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Remove chops from bag and shake off excess flour, add pork to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until temperature reaches 160°F, or till done.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth; stir into berry sauce along with the pepper and garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to boil and cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally or until berries are softened and begin to release their juices.
- Stir remaining blackberries and raspberries into sauce and serve over pork chops.