Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another cake from a cake mix.
Make and share this Spice Rum Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 510.29 g box spice cake mix
- 236.59 ml milk
- 78.07 ml cooking oil
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml rum
- 4 eggs
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml melted butter
- 14.79 ml rum
- Cake Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix, milk, cooking oil, sour cream, rum, eggs and cinnamon.
- Beat on low speed until just moistened.
- Turn to medium speed and beat 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan and bake 35- 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely before glazing.
- Glaze Mix powdered sugar, melted margarine and rum.
- If glaze is not quite thin enough to drizzle, you may thin by adding 1/2 teaspoon water at the time to get the consistency you want.
- Drizzle over cake.
Made this for my husband's birthday tonight...WE LOVED IT! I don't even normally like spice cake, but this was delicious! Every year I have to make him a spice cake b/c it's his fave- and I'm so glad I've found one I can make and actually enjoy as well. I made this exactly as the recipe directs, and it turned out perfect. THANKS :-)
Made this into cupcakes instead of the bundt cake and my kids ate them like there was no tomorrow. Tastes great and smells wonderful while baking. I did add some vanilla to the batter and also to the glaze. Definately a keeper!
I happened to have a box of spice cake mix so I was eager to try this, and I'm glad I did. It was very good. The cake had a nice texture, and tasted excellent. I used a cinnamon blend from Pampered Chef that contained citrus flavor as well. As far as the glaze was concerened I used 2 tablespoons melted butter (more than orig. recipe), and added about a 1/4 cup warmed milk to thin it out. I think next time I may add a little lime juice and zest as well for a Caribbean quick. I also used Capt. Morgans spiced rum, its what was on hand. Had two pieces already, yummy...thanks JellyQueen, its a keeper