Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made this very easy, delicious snapper recipe from Williams-Sonoma last night and enjoyed it very much. Served over Geema's Thai Coconut Rice 63446 for a really complimentary meal. I used a tsp of fresh ginger instead of ground, otherwise made no modifications. Prep time does not include 30 minutes to marinate.
- 4 red snapper fillets, each 6 oz
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Season the snapper with salt and pepper. In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, chopped cilantro, turmeric, ginger, shallot and garlic. Add the snapper fillets and turn to coat well. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until the fish is opaque in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve immediately.
Wonderful fish! I used rockfish which the seafood counter person said was the same as snapper. I forgot the garlic but otherwise made as directed. Served with zucchini for a fast and healthy dinner. Thanks for sharing!