Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had ripped this out of a magazine. At the top of the page it says Fit To Eat. This uses ingredients I have on hand and and it serves 2, which is 1 chop a person. I like more in my serving unless I'm on a diet! Recipe suggests a side of cauliflower roasted with ginger and mint.
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 lamb chops, rib chops about 5 1/2 oz. each
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce arugula, about 2 cups
- Stir together the thyme, cumin, coriander, paprika, and salt in a small bowl; season with pepper.
- Put lamb on a plate and rub each side with the spice mixture; let stand from 10 minutes to an hour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add chops and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook chops, flipping halfway through, until deeply browned, about 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer each chop to a serving plate.
- Divide arugula between plates and drizzle with the remaining teaspoons of oil.
Great recipe five stars all the way.
I used shoulder chops and made as directed except I did break up about 1/2 tsp of rosmary needles to add to the rub mixture.
I fried the first two chops 5 minutes on a side and they were done medium. The third chop, mine, I cooked 5 minutes side 1 and four on side 2. It turned out medium rare. So watch your times depending on how you like your lamb cooked.
Thank you for the recipe.
This is an excellent spice mix and the directions for cooking are spot on. I used smoked paprika and it was fine. The pan drippings were a bonus.
I love lamb and this combiation of spices really compliments the natural flavor. Cooked them on my Griddler, 6 minutes and they were still just pink inside - Will make this spice blend again Thanks Oolala