Recipe by Oolala
I had ripped this out of a magazine. At the top of the page it says Fit To Eat. This uses ingredients I have on hand and and it serves 2, which is 1 chop a person. I like more in my serving unless I'm on a diet! Recipe suggests a side of cauliflower roasted with ginger and mint.
Top Review by Roger/OH
Great recipe five stars all the way.
I used shoulder chops and made as directed except I did break up about 1/2 tsp of rosmary needles to add to the rub mixture.
I fried the first two chops 5 minutes on a side and they were done medium. The third chop, mine, I cooked 5 minutes side 1 and four on side 2. It turned out medium rare. So watch your times depending on how you like your lamb cooked.
Thank you for the recipe.
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 lamb chops, rib chops about 5 1/2 oz. each
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce arugula, about 2 cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the thyme, cumin, coriander, paprika, and salt in a small bowl; season with pepper.
- Put lamb on a plate and rub each side with the spice mixture; let stand from 10 minutes to an hour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add chops and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook chops, flipping halfway through, until deeply browned, about 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer each chop to a serving plate.
- Divide arugula between plates and drizzle with the remaining teaspoons of oil.