Prep 45 mins
Cook 14 mins
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups peach nectar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (1 lb) flank steaks, trimmed
- To make the sauce: heat oil in a saucepan over med-high heat; add in onion and garlic; stir/saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in nectar, 3 tablespoons sugar, and vinegar; bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 15 minutes).
- Add in bourbon, ketchup, Worcestershire, and pepper flakes; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice; cool slightly.
- Pour sauce into a blender; process until smooth.
- Prepare grill.
- To make the steak, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and the next 7 ingredients; rub over both sides of steaks.
- Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce.