Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
A 1999 Cooking Light recipe. The steak is first marinated in soy sauce and bourbon and then rubbed with a dry rub and grilled to perfection. Served with horseradish cream sauce. Prep time does not include marinating time for steak.
- 1 flank steak (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- To prepare steak, trim fat from steak. Place bourbon and soy sauce in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak; seal and marinate in refrigerator 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- To prepare horseradish cream, combine yogurt, horseradish, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- To prepare rub, combine sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through salt). Remove the steak from bag; discard marinade. Rub sugar mixture over steak and chill for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill or broiler. Place steak on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with the horseradish cream.