Spice-Rubbed Chicken Fingers W Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler.
- In a cup, combine the chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cut two 1/2"-deep slashes in each side of the chicken tenders. Rub
- the spice mixture over the chicken, pressing it into the slits. Place the chicken in a baking pan and coat completely with cooking spray. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, parsley, almonds, garlic, chile pepper, and salt. Process until chopped. While
- the processor is running, add the lime juice and oil through the feed tube, stopping the machine once or twice to scrape
- down the sides of the container, until the sauce is smooth. Pour the sauce into a bowl. Stir in the water, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the chicken on the prepared rack and grill or broil 6" from the heat, turning several times, for 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F and the juices run clear. Serve with the sauce and garnish
- with the cilantro.