Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Have not made this yet.Posting for safe keeping Can't remember which magazine I got it from
Make and share this Spice-Rubbed Chicken Fingers W Cilantro Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro stem
- 2 tablespoons parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 serrano chili pepper, seeded (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler.
- In a cup, combine the chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cut two 1/2"-deep slashes in each side of the chicken tenders. Rub
- the spice mixture over the chicken, pressing it into the slits. Place the chicken in a baking pan and coat completely with cooking spray. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, parsley, almonds, garlic, chile pepper, and salt. Process until chopped. While
- the processor is running, add the lime juice and oil through the feed tube, stopping the machine once or twice to scrape
- down the sides of the container, until the sauce is smooth. Pour the sauce into a bowl. Stir in the water, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the chicken on the prepared rack and grill or broil 6" from the heat, turning several times, for 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F and the juices run clear. Serve with the sauce and garnish
- with the cilantro.
This was pretty good, especially the sauce. DH thought the chicken without the sauce tasted like fajitas. Thanks!
ohhhh i loved this. The sauce was so refreshing with the spiciness of the chicken. I really loved it.
I thought the spice rub was ok but the cilantro dipping sauce was great. Next time I make this I will double the dipping sauce because I like a lot. Made for ZWT5.