Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Delicious brisket recipe. I was leary about this at first afraid it would be too tough. I was wrong and it was so good.
- 2 cups hickory chips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) beef brisket
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Cover hickory chips with water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling.
- Bank briquets on either side of water filled drip pan.
- Combine salt, paprika, chili powder and garlic pepper.
- Rub spice mixture on both sides of brisket.
- Loosely cover with foil and set aside.
- Combine beef broth, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, oil and dry mustard for basting liquid.
- Drain hickory chips and sprinkle 1/2 cup over coals.
- Place brisket directly over drip pan.
- Grill on covered grill over medium coals for 30 minutes.
- Baste and turn over every 30 minutes for 3 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Add 4 to 9 briquets and 1/4 cup hickory chips to each side of fire every hour.
- Remove brisket to cutting board.
- Tent with foil loosely and let stand 10 minutes before carving.