- 1 whole chipotle chile in adobo, seeded or 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotles
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 (8 ounce) bison tenderloin fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine spices and set aside.
- Heat grill pan or grill to medium-high heat.
- Place spice on a pie pan or large flat plate and dip both sides of each steak into mixture and shake off excess.
- Place steak on grill or grill pan and lower heat if using a grill pan or the spices will burn.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Remove from grill and let rest a couple of minutes before serving.