Prep 55 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love fruit desserts. They're a light and refreshing end to a nice meal. This one is no exception, and uses necarines or peaches and figs. A perfect summertime treat!
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 seeds, from star anise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 oranges, juice and zest of
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 fresh peaches or 6 nectarines
- 6 fresh figs
- 25 g unsalted butter
- creme fraiche or ice cream, to serve
- Tear bay leaves and break cinnamon into 3 or 4 pieces. Split vanilla pod in half and scrape out seeds with bakc of a knife. Mix with the star anise seeds and pepper, orange zest and juice, honey, and sugar to make a sauce. Can be chilled up to 24 hours ahead.
- Half an hour before serving, preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius Cut peaches or nectarines in half and remove the stones. Halve the figs. Place peaches or nectarines skin-side down in a large baking dish. Pour over sauce and dot with butter. Roast in preheated oven 10 minutes, then add the figs and baste with sauce. Roast another 15 minutes, basting a few more times until fruits are tender.
- Serve with creame fraiche or ice cream, and amaretti biscuits, if desired.