Recipe by What's Cooking?
An easy side dish that can also be served at room temperature as part of a salad. I love the combination of smoked sweet paprika and sweet butternut squash.
Top Review by M8R-1jaely
Holy crap. This is absolutely delicious. The spice, the way it cooks (so moist and tender inside). Love, love, love. I can't tell if I used smoked paprika (sweet Hungarian for sure, but the label is hand-written and lacking), and I definitely used LESS OLIVE OIL. Instead of 3 tbsp, I just used 3 tsp. I couldn't tell the difference, so why not save on calories/fat?
I want to eat this every day for the rest of my life. Even then, I wouldn't be eating it often enough.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 4.92 ml smoked sweet paprika
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml balsamic vinegar
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut ends off butternut squash, peel, and slice lengthwise.
- Remove seeds and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine spices, oil and vinegar into a paste.
- Add squash and toss until coated.
- Arrange the squash cubes in one layer in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, toss once, and cook for an additional 25 minutes or until the squash is browned and is tender throughout.