Recipe by Jesse&Rayye
I love the taste of oatmeal, especially in pancakes, but I don't like the texture. Jesse made these cookies once where one step was to grind up the oats in a blender [to make an oat flour I guess] and those cookies were amazing! So I thought I'd try it in pancakes. They're pretty good, not too sweet. Also, be warned that these are not SUPER spongy pancakes, they're a little thinner than normal.
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats, ground fine in blender
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind oats in blender into powder. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add oil, milk, vanilla, and sugar and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl [if desired, I usually just add them all the the wet bowl and then stir], combine spices, salt, flour, oats and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir only until mixed [it will look a little lumpy].
- Pour by 1/4 cup onto non-stick griddle, or into greased frying pan [however you normally cook your pancakes].
- When edges are try and tops are bubbly, flip and cook until they reach a golden brown.