Recipe by Michelle Berteig
From a free Penzey's recipe card. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds good! Note that the cookie dough (formed into a log) needs to rest in the refrigerator overnight.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these, along with another cookie recipe, with my other half sharing some with co-workers one day & my son & DIL confiscating a few for themselves when they were here! Used toasted pecans this time around & they turned out very well, I thought! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Germany with ZWT6]
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter, sugars and eggs.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Roll into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Slice cookies very thin (about 1/4 inch thick) and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.