Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this as a dry rub or add it to water for a brine. Sprinkle a touch into soup or a dressing. Possibilities are endless........ This is a very workable recipe. Just use the sugar and salt as is and add any dry ground ingredients you prefer equalling 3/4's cup of herbs and spices. Make this for gifts packed in dark glass with a description on a label. I know I have mine in cute little sacks, But that was to make my shipping charges lower.
- 3 lbs coarse salt
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole mixed peppercorns
- 1 -2 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries
- 1⁄4 cup dried lovage, leaves (I used whole leaves so if using ground do for 1 tablespoon)
- 1⁄4 cup dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄3 cup dried rough chopped chives
- 1⁄3 cup dried sage, about 20 leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 -4 dried chilies
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cloves
- 3 -4 green cardamom pods
- In a large bowl mix the salt and sugar together.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a coffee grinder or a vita mix using the dry blend container. blend all but the sugar and salt. It should give you about 3/4`s to 1 cup ground mix.
- Add to the salt and sugar mix.
- Blend all.
- Pack up into dark glass containers.
- Give away as gifts. Or use as all your cooking needs would love to be adorned with this.