Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic dry rub that can be used on chops or roasts. It also works well as the seasoning in home made pate or sausages. I got this from Julia Child's The Way to Cook and I keep a container of this in my cupboard at all times.
- 2 tablespoons bay leaves, ground
- 2 tablespoons cloves, ground
- 2 tablespoons mace, ground
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg, ground
- 2 tablespoons paprika, ground
- 2 tablespoons thyme, ground
- 1 tablespoon allspice, ground
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon savory, ground
- 5 tablespoons white peppercorns, ground
- Blend all the ingredients together and store in an air-tight container.
- Use about 1/2 teaspoon per pound of meat.
- Rub on the desired cut of meat and let sit for several hours, or overnight.