Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
(Shhh! Don't tell anyone. This recipe used a spice cake mix and puddin'!! ) Makes two loaves -- one for you to eat and one to give away. A Duncan Hines recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves (garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F Grease and flour 2 loaf pans Combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat well for 2 minutes Stir in chopped pecans Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 55 minutes When out of the oven, cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Loosed sides and turn out loaves unto wire racks.
- Turn right side up and cool.
- Glaze: Place butter, brown sugar, white sugar and cream in a small pan.
- Over medium heat bring to a boil.
- Boil hard for one minute.
- Remove from heat& cool for 20 minutes Add confectioners sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth Spread over cooled loaves and garnish with pecan halves.
I won't tell if you don't! These smelled greaaat baking! I did change the glaze to a cream cheese one as I felt yours would be too sweet for me. Already cut into one loaf...nice and moist, didn't even need the topping!