Recipe by Country Chef
This is a great recipe for EXTREME Slow cooking at very low temperatures. We enjoy these after the first six hours without the BBQ sauce. Toss a salad, heat some bread and you have a meal.
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs spareribs (country style)
- 16 ounces bottled barbecue sauce (regular)
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 250 degrees.
- Wash and dry spare ribs.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Rub spare ribs with dry rub.
- Place in oven for 5 hours.
- If pan is dry (no drippings) add 1/2 cup of water to bottom.
- Turn over and cook another 1 hours till fork tender.
- No basting is required.
- Optional - BBQ Sauce and additional cooking.
- During slow cooking of ribs make BBQ sauce ingredients and chill over night.
- Remove ribs and chill over night.
- Coat chilled ribs with sauce.
- Prepare medium heat grill.
- Place coated ribs for 2 minutes each side indirect heat or perimeter heat.