1/1 Photo of Spice Cupcakes With Chocolate Filling and Vanilla Icing
Tara Kline's Note:
Cupcakes with a spiced, gingerbread flair with a chocolate - peanut butter filling and sweet, orange vanilla icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature (or one stick)
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, brown sugar, and spices in one bowl.
- 3Mix together the butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk in another bowl.
- 4Combine your wet and dry ingredients into one bowl together.
- 5Spray muffin / cupcake tin with non-stick spray or use paper wrappers.
- 6Fill slots halfway with batter.
- 7Bake in the over for 20 - 25 minutes or until done.
- 8For the filling, wisk together the Nutella spread and peanut butter with the milk in a bowl. Then, stir in the pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
- 9For the icing, melt the milk and butter together in the microwave, then add confectioners sugar until the icing is thick. Mix in the food coloring until you get a pumpkin or candy corn orange.
- 10When the cupcakes are done, let them cool for 10 - 20 minutes.
- 11Core the cupcakes using and corer, peeler, spoon, or knife.
- 12Pipe the filling into the middle of the cupcakes using a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag with the end cut off.
- 13Pipe the icing on the same way, creating a little swirl on top.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spice Cupcakes With Chocolate Filling and Vanilla Icing
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 101.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g