1 hr 25 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring water and raisins to a boil.
- 2Lower heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- 5Add egg and raisin mixture; mix until well blended.
- 6In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; mix well.
- 7Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 8Stir in walnuts.
- 9Fill greased muffin cups with 1/3 cup batter each.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until test done.
- 11Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan and place on wire rack.
- 12To make frosting: mix together brown sugar, half and half, and salt in a saucepan.
- 13Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook and stir until smooth.
- 14Stir in butter and vanilla.
- 15Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 16Add powdered sugar and stir until smooth.
- 17Frost cupcakes and sprinkle each with chopped walnuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spice Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 248.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g