From Eating Well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 navel oranges
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- salmon, &
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 4 portions
- 1To make salsa: With a sharp knife, remove skin and white pith from oranges and discard. Working over a medium bowl to catch the juice, cut the orange segments from their surrounding membrane, letting the segments fall into the bowl. Add onion, lime juice, cilantro, chipotle peppers and garlic. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2To make salmon: Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add coriander and cumin; toast, stirring constantly, until aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool and transfer to a spice mill or mortar and pestle. Add peppercorns to the mill and coarsely grind all the spices. Stir in salt.
- 3Preheat grill or broiler.
- 4Coat salmon with the spice mixture. Grill or broil on a lightly oiled rack until the fish is opaque in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with the salsa.
- 5Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the salsa (Step 1) for up to 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spice Crusted Salmon With Lime Orange Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 527.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 25.4 g