Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a new cranberry sauce recipe I just found that sounds so wonderful. After reading the ingredients, I could almost smell Thanksgiving!
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries or 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cranberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and mixture is thickened (about 30 minutes). Cool.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.