Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- additional sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 (18 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter,sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Add molasses mix well.
- Combine flour,soda,pumpkin spice and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill overnight.
- Shape into 1/2 in.
- balls, roll in sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 375 for 6 minutes or till edges are brown.
- FOR DIP:Beat cream cheese till smooth,add pumpkin mix beat well,add sugar and spices beat untill smooth.
- store leftover dip in the refrigerator.
- Makes 3 cups dip.
I also got this from Taste of Home magazine. It is amazing. Makes a lot tho. Great for a get together or holiday party.
I've been making this recipe for several years after cutting it out of Taste of Home magazine. It is AWESOME! The only difference is instead of pumpkin pie spice, my recipe uses 2 t. cinnamon and 1 t. each of ground ginger and cloves. Be warned that this recipe makes a LOT of cookies. If you don't need 20 dozen cookies, consider halving the recipe. My family looks forward to these cookies & dip every Fall!! Thanks for posting.