Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I will try these next time I want to make cut-out cookies. These look very healthy and unique.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine honey, butter, molasses and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes.
- While mixture is cooling, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in honey mixture until well combined.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces and roll each piece into a log.
- Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 or 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lightly flour work surface.
- Roll each log into a thin dough about 1/8" thick.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on wire cooling racks.
Great recipe. Used for christmas gifts. Will use again