Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
It was a challange to make this cake.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup praline (chopped)
- Heat oven to 325 deg.
- Coat 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Line with waxed paper.
- Sift together flour,cinnamon,ginger,salt,clove`° and baking powder in lg.
- Beat butter,add both sugar, molasses and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, gradually adding flour mixture and milk.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake in 325 oven until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 min's.
- Remove side of pan.
- Invert onto rack; remove bottom, paper.
- Invert onto rack; cool.
- Topping: Beat cream and sugar until medium
- peaks form.
- Spread over cake.
- Top with praline.
- Praline: Toast 1/2 cup hazelnuts on baking sheet for 7 minutes in 325 deg oven until lightly colored.
- Rub in towel to remove skins.
- chop fine.
- Line large baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- In small saucepan (not nonstick) add 2/3 cup sugar, 3 tablespoon water and a pinch of salt.
- Heat over medium-high heat for 5 min's until bubbly; and simmer until light golden.
- Stir in hazelnuts until coated.
- Spread carefully on to baking sheet and let cool completely for about 15 minutes.
- Break into small pieces: use 1/2 cup on spice Cake,.