Recipe by Chef CDB
If you're looking for a super simple spice cookie recipe, try these. With a few nuts, carrots and raisins thrown in, you have a lower calorie version of the classic carrot cake. It's just in cookie form!
- 18 1⁄4 ounces spice cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup canned sweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces dole shredded carrots
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place shredded carrots in a food processor and pulse until completely grated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and mix well. Put cake mix, nuts and raisins in a very large bowl and add wet ingredients and carrots.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.