Recipe by Meowmix318
This recipe calls for 1 egg, but this recipe is great even without an egg. Also I've make this cake with regular white sugar as well. And you could use 3/4 cup of sugar instead of the full cup to help decrease the amount of sugar in the recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry ingredients, except sugar.
- Combine sugar and sour cream in a separate bowl.
- Add a beaten egg to sugar and sour cream mixture.
- Add dry ingredients mixture to sour cream mixture.
- Stir until well blended. Fold in Nuts and/or raisins if using.
- Pour into 8x8-inch non-stick cake pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 -25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (If using a dark baking pan then it may be done within 20 mins).