Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
adapted from a recipe courtesy of delicioustv.com. This is a very flexible dish to have on hand. Consider adding to noodles, rice, etc.
- 8 ounces firm tofu, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Press tofu to release excess fluid.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- combine all ingredients except tofu. Whisk to combine. Pour in to baking dish ( I usually use a 9x13 pan but use what you have on hand) .
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, then place in pan as well. Flip to ensure both sides are coated with sauce. Cover pan tightly with tin foil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove tin foil cover, turn oven down to 300 degrees. Bake an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Start checking at the 1 hour mark. You are looking for the tofu to absorb all of the liquid, once that happens, you are done.