Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This combination of lively spices is tempered nicely by the addition of fresh herbs. I found this recipe in my Sizzling Grills and Spectacular Salads cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 tbsp dried) or 1⁄4 cup parsley (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Whisk all ingredients together in small bowl.
For this marinade, I used both parsley and mint fresh from our herb garden for a 4 pound whole chicken-(spatchcock). Subbed freshly ground cumin seeds for cumin powder. Delicious! Here was our dinner menu tonight: Spice and Herb marinated chicken, Creole Boiled Rice, Bright Summer Salad/Salsa , and Herb Butter for French Bread. Reviewed for ZWT 2009.
This marinade smelt and tasted delicious. I used four chicken breast and marinated them for 24 hours. Cooked them slowly on the BBQ and the result was scrumptious tender chicken. I love the fact it really took no time to prepare. Thank you Crafty Lady 13
This is so good. I used boneless pork chops. They were in the marinade overnight. They were very tender. I used fresh italian parsley and fresh mint. I omitted the orange zest and cumin. Thanks Crafty Lady. Made for Bevy tag :)