Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is adapted from Ryan Magarian, the Seattle-based cocktail consultant behind Liquid Kitchen (www.kathycasey.com/liquid_kitchen). This is a bracingly sweet-tart drink. A sprinkle of nutmeg and a dash of cinnamony Angostura Bitters add layers of complexity to the cocktail.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce pear juice (or pear nectar)
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 ounce simple syrup
- Angostura bitters
- whole nutmeg
- In cocktail shaker filled with ice, add rum, pear juice, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously for about 6 seconds, then strain into 6-ounce cocktail glass.
- Top with dash bitters and a few gratings nutmeg.
This is a great cocktail. But for us, we didn't feel the need to add angostura bitters. And I didn't add nutmeg cause it's not something I like. I added more pear juice. I did it for 2 servings and used only 1 quantity for simple syrup (that was perfect). But DH found it sweet. Thanks Annacia. Made for Beverage tag.