2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
A combination of two recipes I developed. You can use unsweetened almond milk, soy milk or hemp beverage instead of the 1% milk. Honey can be substituted for the white sugar, if desired. Makes a 2 lb. loaf that almost fills my 3 lb. Black and Decker loaf pan. I haven't tried a 1 lb loaf in my old B&D bread maker with a 1 1/2 lb. loaf pan but I suspect it should work. 1 cup of seeds is needed. The recipe below is what I use but you should be able to use any combination of seeds you have available to make up the 1 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk (microwave on high for 1 minute)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups spelt flour, light or white
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (aka hemp hearts)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, hulled raw unsalted
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin, hulled roasted unsalted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, raw unsalted
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast (bread machine yeast should work too)
- 1Measure and mix flours, xanthan gum (optional) and seeds in large bowl.
- 2Please ingredients in loaf pan in order suggested by manufacturer. (The above order is for my Black & Decker bread machine).
- 3Set to Rapid Bake, 2 lb. Loaf, Light Crust.
- 4Let cool on rack for 40 to 45 minutes. Wrap in plastic bag (I use a Ziplock). Can be sliced and frozen.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spelt Seed Bread
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 192.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: