Spud Nut's Note:
Makes 2 pie crusts. The secret to flaky crust is to mix the dough just enough to incorporate the ingredients then stop. Often I add a dash of vinegar in the ice water, it's a matter of personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour and salt.
- 2Cut in butter and shortening with pastry knife until pieces are size of small peas.
- 3Sprinkle in 1 tbsp water at a time. Gently mix. Repeat until all is moist and forms a ball.
- 4For 2 pie crusts, cut ball in half - one for each pie crust.
- 5On lightly floured surface, flatten ball with rolling pin and roll to desired thickness.
- 6Transfer to pie tin or this dough also may be filled with meats/or fruit.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spelt Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.3
- Calories from Fat 582
- Total Fat 64.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 1381.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: