Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
A sandwich created with what was on hand. Turned out to be a sandwich that made no one want to eat anything else served but ask for seconds instead... I know it may seem weird but it was just so tasty I had to save this!
- 2 slices spelt bread, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chive & onion cream cheese (just use rondele)
- 4 tablespoons hot fresh sauerkraut
- Toast one slice of bread.
- Spread rondele/cheese on other slice.
- Place hot sauerkraut on top of rondele.
- Place toasted slice on top of sauerkraut.
- Flip sandwich over (toasted slice on bottom for support).
- Sauerkraut note: I cook the kraut from the bag in a slow cooker with 4 minced cloves of garlic and threw in some chopped beef bacon (grease and all). It cooked for about 6 hours prior to being inserted in the sandwich. But I'm sure you could just sauté garlic and the kraut together in a pan and be done in about 10 minutes though. Keep out the bacon if you want to keep the meal kosher.