Recipe by love4culinary
This recipe is posted in response to a request for sugar free, yeast free bread using flour other than white flour. I havent tried this recipe yet, but thought it would be helpful to the person requesting :) Good luck! Please review honestly with any changes, and I would be glad to make them accordingly.
Top Review by CountryMama
I was looking for a yeast/dairy/wheat/egg-free bread and this fit the bill. It turned out wonderfully, with a light texture and delicious taste. This is definitely a lifesaver! Thanks!
- 2 lbs whole grain spelt flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄4 pints water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F Measure your flour and put into a large bowl.
- Add the oil to the flour, and rub the flour and oil together with your hands until nice and crumbly throughout.
- Stir in the salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Add the water and work through until you have formed a soft dough.
- Immediately divide dough into two equal parts, and put into two loaf pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes in your preheated oven.